I’m officially calling it: I won’t be “winning” NaNo this year.
It’s a bit painful, but one I’m accepting as the I am learning a new job and my health has declined over the past few days. Last night I fell asleep with the aid of NyQuil while my cat attempted to sleep on my head. Not ideal, but it is what it is.
So since 50k words is a bit out of my reach I am altering some of my goals for the month:
- Find and stick with a writing routine that fits with my current change in schedule. Maybe I write everyday, maybe every other day, or maybe only on weekends. Whatever it is I will keep going and adding words to my document.
- Take care of me and my health. Drink water, get exercise, cuddle with my cat and a cup of tea.
- Don’t get too hung up on my lack of word count. This is for the sequel to a finished and currently editing draft! That is still an accomplishment! Any words is better than 0 words!
- What new things have I learned from my characters? What world building have I created and what needs to be created still? Apply what I need to my current edits.
- Breathe. It’s not the end of the world.